Cinnamon Crunch Coffeecake
Author: Cooking in Red Socks
Recipe type: Breakfast Cakes
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together sour cream and baking soda in a bowl. Let stand until foamy. Cream together butter and sugar in a mixer until light.
- Add eggs to butter mixture, waiting until absorbed before adding another. Add vanilla and sour cream mixture, gently mixing on slow speed to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture in three batches on slow speed. Blend well.
- Pour ⅔ of batter into a greased tube pan.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon, and pecans together in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of the mixture on top of the batter, creating an even layer. Add the remaining batter over top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon-sugar mix on top of the coffeecake.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a skewer comes out completely clean from the center of the cake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes, preferably 60 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by Cooking in Red Socks at http://www.cookinginredsocks.com/2014/02/21/cinnamon-crunch-coffeecake/