Nothing says summer like an Arnold Palmer; cold iced tea and sweet lemonade are the perfect pair on a sunny day. We had a barbeque with some of our baseball friends this past weekend and decided to spruce things up a bit. One of my little care packages now that I’m away from home is tea from my mom. Republic of Teas makes a delicious black, peach and ginger tea. I brewed some fresh and iced it down and added peach schnapps to bring out the tea’s flavors. I mixed in some pink lemonade vodka and some pink lemonade, and had a delectable little concoction on my hands. People loved the flavor and could tell right away that it was freshly made tea. The perfect summer beverage, adult style, for your 4th of July celebrations or backyard bbqs this summer.
- 5 black, peach tea bags (Republic of Teas)
- 8 oz peach schnapps
- 32 oz pink lemonade
- 18 oz pink lemonade vodka (found at most liquor stores)
- 1 lemon, sliced for garnish- if desired
- Bring 24 oz of water to a boil in a tea kettle or pot on the stove. Pour over the black tea bags in a pitcher and brew for 10 minutes. Add 4-5 cups of ice to cool the tea down.
- When the tea is cool to the touch, add the peach schapps.
- In a separate serving pitcher, combine the pink lemonade and pink lemonade vodka. You can buy pink lemonade as is, or buy a Crystal Light version and make the lemonade according to package directions.
- Serve over ice to your guests with a slice of lemon for garnish, or as a station where they can make the drinks themselves.